Maintain a working knowledge of menu items and recipes.
Work rapidly and accurately.
Utilize proper food handling techniques following Health and Safety Standards.
Maintain proper stocking of assigned station and know the mise en place.
Clean, maintain and organize work area.
Assist Chef in menu preparation, service and breakdown of function.
Maintain the ability to work in public on live stations and maintain proper appearance standards.
Obtain and perfect skills set to be promotional to Master Cook.
Perform all other job related duties as necessary.
- Capable of following directions.
- Possess good recall and memory.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills and possess a full knife set.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year high-volume cooking / fine dining experience.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job