Customized Assistance Services (CAS) is recruiting a Computer Systems Manager M-III to function as the Director of the Office of Business Strategies and Solutions, who will:
• Direct staff in the development and maintenance of CAS’s automated systems, including
web-based case tracking systems, laptop based systems and a finger imaging system.
This includes the performance of system design, testing, implementation, training, user
support, and maintenance activities.
• Oversee staff in the performance of operational analyses to assist in the design and
implementation of new CAS programs and the re-engineering, enhancement and
integration of existing programs.
• Perform administrative tasks including the development of staffing models, the recruitment,
hiring and ongoing development of staff and the design of strategic Information Technology
plans and management reports.
• Coordinate the activities of the Office of Business Strategies & Solutions with other areas in
the Human Resources Administration, other City and State Agencies, and CAS’s user
communities to develop effective systems that meet all stakeholders requirements
including that of interfacing with other systems.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Excellent managerial skills in directing professional technical staff in all phases of the
system life cycle.
• Extensive experience in the development and implementation of complex automated systems.
• Creative and strategic professional with the ability to envision system solutions using new
technology that upgrades/integrates with existing systems.
• Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
Click "Apply Now"Button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard