- Review and analyze the pre-allocated Actual vs. Plan expenses on a monthly basis for Business Units and Corporate Departments and investigate variances as needed.
- Provide support to the CVP for the day to day operations of the team.
- Review and analyze expense allocations for Business Units/Corporate Departments.
- Assists in the coordination of the Corporate Budget/Planning process.
- Provides variance explanations to internal customers on allocated and pre-allocated expenses.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Ensure procedural documentation is kept current for all of the team responsibilities and constantly look for automation opportunities to provide enhanced customer service and value.
- Support the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist on various ad hoc requests and special projects. Job Location NY - New York (51 Madison Ave) Department FIN - CONTROLLER'S DEPARTMENT Position Type Full Time AutoReqId 7347BR Required Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 6-8 years experience.
- Prior experience in the Budget and Planning for expenses.
- Background in expense allocation process preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel 2007, Word 2007 and Power Point.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of management and internal customers.
- A self starter with strong analytical skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment and shift priorities as necessary.
- Team oriented
- Insurance background preferred
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...