Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The Director-Chemical Innovation will provide vision, leadership and strategic direction for developing and implementing innovation through the application of MBM® This position, based at Georgia-Pacific Chemicals’
R&D Facility in Decatur, GA, will report to the President -Chemicals and will work closely with Business, R&D, Quality and Compliance managers, scientists and specialists to deliver innovation as a collaborative effort across the organization. In addition, this person will proactively integrate the overall vision and coordinate resources with that of Georgia-Pacific Chemicals’ six unique business teams.
- Provides direction to the discovery and development of innovation opportunities, experimentation and validation, concept development, and assessment of business & technical feasibility to drive winning solutions and create value
- Aligns innovation priorities with commercial strategies
- Develops metrics to track the innovation pipeline and assure talent is appropriately assigned
- Expands vision for leveraging both internally and externally originated technology; then communicates to the organization, and executes
- Executes Innovation Strategic Initiatives
- Drives Talent Development, Leadership, and Teamwork
- Directs Optimization of Value (Net Income After Tax) from Innovation
- Serves as Compliance Culture Leader
- Manages product (and some process) technology throughout the organization
- Supports Quality objectives across plants and Capability groups.
- Collaborates and challenges reports & peers regarding R&D Function & all aspects of Business strategy and innovation execution
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science or related science discipline
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience in materials science, chemicals or manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience managing direct reports
- Chemical industry experience
- Master’s Degree or PhD preferred; MBA also a plus
Georgia-Pacific - 9 months ago