Responsible for the planning and execution of day-to-day promotion, service, and relationship activities needed to influence sales at forecast levels. Directs and coordinates district sales activities in accordance with company sales policies and objectives. Participates in the sales planning function and provides input to overall marketing plans. Controls expenses at approved levels and performing administrative functions. Operates without strong day-to-day supervision while maintaining contact with supervisor, the plant, and support functions.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieves district objectives through sound representation, promotion, and service to customer base.
2. Develops, nurtures, manages, and reports on relationships and developments with customers in accordance with district and company objectives.
3. Provides informational reports on customer, market, and competitive developments and trends to management, and recommend actions where warranted.
4. Develops forecasts of product to be shipped into the district in the level of detail as directed, and expenses needed to achieve such forecasts.
5. Coordinates the fair, prompt, and efficient settlement of service and product complaints within company guidelines.
6. Participates in regular sales meetings presenting new product developments/changes/deletions, and any operational programs or developments of significance.
7. Participates in certain promotional or trade shows and activities as appropriate.
8. Recommends to management an appropriate level of travel, entertainment, and office-related expenses necessary to achieve objectives. Controls expenditures within approved levels, and reports weekly.
9. Maintains on an ongoing basis a personal and company image of professionalism, integrity, and quality.
10. Generates internal reports, district forecasts, sales resource requests, quotations, surveys, and other customers support information.
11. Develops effective business relationships with a diverse customer base.
12. Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: High school education with college course work in business. Must have three or more years of sales experience in the filter industry or in the heavy duty replacement parts industry.
Any deviations from the above requirements (e.g. substituting more work experience for required education) will be evaluated and approved by the Vice President - Sales.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing with five years sales experience in either the filter industry or the heavy duty replacement parts industry.
Clarcor Inc - 9 months ago