Third-Shift Sequencing Lab Associate |
Hours: 1:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Pay range: $13.00 - $16.00 depending on experience
Details: Full-time with benefits
Working Location: 1044 East Chestnut St., Louisville KY, 40204
Reports to: DNA Sequencing Lab Manager
Eurofins MWG Operon, one of the leaders of genomic services in the US, is looking for a candidate with entry level lab skills for its Sanger DNA sequencing high throughput laboratory operation in Louisville, KY.
- Candidate must carry out all laboratory activities related to the process of Sanger DNA sequencing
- Organizing and sorting tubes and plates containing DNA samples that come in daily
- Pipetting DNA sequencing reactions.
- Performing DNA purification on sequencing reactions, loading and scheduling 3730xl ABI Sequencers.
- Will work with and under the supervision of a lab manager.
- Operating lab equipment including, but not limited to thermo cyclers, ABI 3730xl sequencers, centrifuges, and automated Liquid handlers.
- Must have a Biological Science degree or currently pursuing a degree in Biological Science.
- Experience with wet lab molecular biology techniques and using basic lab equipment.
- Capacity to perform under pressure in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be organized, flexible and pay great attention to detail.
- PC-based computer literacy, including in Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly master other programs used in the daily lab processes.
- Experience with Sanger Sequencing using 3730xl highly desirable.
On-job training will be provided.
Please only submit application if you meet the requirements above and are able to work the required hours.
Eurofins US is a network of commercial testing laboratories strategically located throughout the United States. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, but with several location through the US and Europe, our scientific staff has many years of experience with a broad range of laboratory testing methods from wet chemistry to Real-time Quantitative PCR to microbiological analyses. Our goal is to be the bioanalytical testing company of choice for the US food, feed, pet food, animal health, dietary supplement, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries.
Eurofins US offers exciting career opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and a fun and rewarding work environment. We strive to have the best people in the right roles at all times, ensuring the success of the organization and our employees. Our full-time benefits include comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and paid time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins US, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins US is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
See Job Description
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago