Working Location: 1044 East Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40204
Desired Hours: Maximum 20 hr per week, Tuesday through Saturday, 2:30AM
depending on daily business volume
Pay: $10 - $12 an hour depending on experience and education.
Position: This position is a Part-Time Temporary, with no benefit opportunities
Reports to: Lab Manager
Eurofins MWG Operon, one of the leaders of genomic services in the US, is looking for a candidate with entry level lab skills or with desire to work and gain experience in a high throughput laboratory environment.
Operating lab equipment:
- Receiving and sorting incoming packages
- Organizing customer DNA samples by type, region, and/or priority
- Expediting VIP or special projects
- Candidate may carry out laboratory activities related to the process of DNA sequencing under direct supervision of lab manager such as:
- Pipetting DNA sequencing reactions
- Performing DNA purification on sequencing reactions
- Loading and scheduling 3730xl ABI Sequencer
- Thermo cyclers
- ABI 3730xl sequencers
- Liquid handlers
- Capacity to perform under pressure of a fast paced production environment.
- Must be organized, flexible and pay great attention to detail.
- PC-based computer literacy, including in Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn other computer based applications to be use daily.
- Ability to communicate clearly, work well in a group setting, fluent in English
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Earned a Biological Science degree or currently pursuing a BS degree in Biological Science.
- Previous laboratory experience.
See Job Description