Responsible for the leading and motivating of a workgroup of freight handlers and/or drivers in a manner that will achieve continuous measurable improvement desired performance goals and results. Primary duties involve supervising associates and ensuring timely, damage-free loading/unloading of freight. Includes associate training and development. Ensures a safe, healthy work environment and endeavors to keep associate morale at a high level. Requires meeting scheduling and customer requirements as well as assisting freight handlers and Pick-Up and Delivery Drivers in their daily activities.
Applicants must possess:
- College degree or comparable business experience, preferably in the transportation or service industry
- Prefer a minimum of 2-5 years of supervisory experience in LTL transportation industry
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience supporting a sales function is preferred
- Experience/Knowledge of process improvement as a primary strategy for making continuous improvement is preferred
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proven communication, presentation, listening, partnership building, problem solving and customer relations skills
- Willingness to work A.M. or P.M. shifts
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
Southeastern Freight Lines - 16 months ago
Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Southeastern Freight Lines hauls freight throughout the southern US with a fleet of about 2,000 tractors...