The Penhall Company is currently accepting applications for DOT Compliance Records Administrator. The DOT Administrator will perform clerical, reporting and auditing functions which support the operation of the Penhall Company's fleet of Department of Transportation regulated vehicles. With direction from our Company's HR Director and Safety Department; this position requires sound actions within our standard operating procedures to ensure more time in the day to accomplish goals and tasks as assigned.|
This position will be Full Time with primary focus on DOT Compliance. Additional project-based Human Resources and Safety support projects will be included as time and resources allow. The successful candidate will have 3 5 years of related multi state DOT compliance administration with some HR and / or Safety experiences desirable.
Position Requirements Functions:
- 3-5 years related DOT administration and record keeping
- Knowledge of related laws, legal codes, procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and related functional areas.
- Typing: 60 words per minute
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Problem solving
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of construction equipment terminology
- Administer and data enter driver's information into Company systems
The Penhall Company offers a comprehensive basic benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance. A 401(k) plan is available after meeting plan requirements.
- Responsible for receiving and organizing the DOT required documents into a comprehensive file
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Responsible for providing a schedule for necessary tasks to be performed and for certain training to be acquired
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Provide leadership and detailed reports to illustrate the impact of deficient, late or missing documentation
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation or correction of compliance issues
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized company representative as appropriate or required
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated
- Responsible for the preparation necessary for DOT, company and other regulatory audit inspections
- Other Administrative duties as assigned
Penhall is concerned about the safety and protection of its employees while still protecting their privacy. A clean driving record is required and all applicants will be tested for illicit substances.
Misc: GPA minimum: 2.5
Education Major: Business Administration or 2-3 years demonstrated applicable work experience
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States
Out of state applicants be prepared to discuss your relocation plan. Paid relocation is not currently available.
The Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply