Position: DOT Driver/Customer Service
Department: Collections Mobile Operations
Reports to: Operational Supervisor, Drivers
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full Time
Ensures excellent customer service through efficient and accurate job performance. Maintains adequate inventory of supplies on Vans and Mobile truck and assures that vehicle is clean. Ensures safe and timely delivery of vehicles to the scheduled site and return to garage at the correct time. Performs greeter role on blood drives. Completes all duties, including stripping and segmenting blood unit tubing and preparing units, samples, and donor medical records for shipment to the processing center in an efficient and accurate manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Completes daily pre and post trip vehicle inspections, record and report any and all vehicle deficiencies, complete daily drivers log, assures the vehicle is adequately filled with fuel. Report any and all vehicle damage and completes proper forms.
2. Accurately records donor numbers and bag type on batch records to prevent loss of units. Prepares blood units, blood samples and donor medical records for delivery to the main center. Observe and assist with donors for reactions and assist phlebotomy staff as necessary.
3. Maintains and promotes inter and intradepartmental teamwork and communication to ensure operational efficiency and cost effectiveness. Remains in work area as scheduled, and informs Team Supervisor or Operational Lead if leaving work area. On drives, the driver reports to the Operational Lead and/or Team Supervisor.
4. Ensures adequate inventory of donor refreshments and collection supplies are available for blood drive operations.
5. Assures a clean and orderly work area, including removal and proper disposal of waste and biohazardous materials from vehicles. Ensures all biohazardous materials are returned to designated area.
6. Participates in regular communication and monthly meetings with Supervisor to discuss performance, expectations, recent unusual events, and changes in procedure.
7. Demonstrates flexibility, versatility, and a willingness to assist coworkers whenever the situation warrants it. Demonstrates dependability, punctuality, and cooperation.
8. Adheres to MBC driver policies and DOT rules and regulations when operating company vehicles.
9. Removes all temperature control materials and returns materials to the appropriate storage location at Central.
10. Complies with all Memorial Blood Centers Policies and Procedures.
11. Performs other job-related duties or tasks as assigned or deemed appropriate such as the function of Registration and/or Greeter.
Skills and Abilities:
-Excellent interpersonal communication skills
-Accurate oral and written communication
-Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
-Willingness to follow direction
-Dexterity in handling equipment
-Ability to work well with others
-Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
-Ability to perform basic math functions
-Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps,driving instructions, safety rules and SOPs
Experience: Strong customer service experience. 2-3 years of experience in driving trucks, buses, or coaches. Excellent driving record, Class A or Class B CDL with air brake endorsement required, and current health card.
Supervision: This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Direct supervisor is the Driver Operational Supervisor. Supervisors or his/her designee on blood drives provide work direction.
Hours: Able to work irregular hours, including some weekends and evenings.
Physical Demands: Required to regularly stand, use both hands in repetitive motions, reach with arms, and talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, crouch, and kneel. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Must be able to push rolling equipment ranging from 40-400 lbs. Vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-The noise level is usually moderate.
-Performance of this job could expose the employee to blood-borne pathogens
-Employee may be exposed to inclement weather while working on the mobile units.
-Close/small work spaces on mobile unit buses.
-Vibration and motion are common on mobile unit buses.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Innovative Blood Resources
- 2 years ago - save job