The Logistic Coordinator, Federal Programs is a temporary position, responsible for coordinating all logistical and operational aspects of The Washington Center's federal programs. Desired start date is April 17 th , through August 15 th , 2014. This is an hourly position, paying $18/hr.
Essential Functions listed in order of importance :
Coordinate student travel and field trips for students participating in federal programs
- Track travel expenses and collect supporting documentation in order to process advancements, reimbursements, and any related invoicing
- Work closely with the Office of Student Life to coordinate regional housing needs
Coordinate and assist in the planning of various events including orientations, academic programming, and additional Federal events
Assist the senior operations coordinator and the Finance Department in the administration of OFR contracts including the submission of required reports and the processing of invoices
Provide excellent customer services to all federal clients, potential clients, and students participating in federal programs
Special projects as assigned
Travel- Site visits
Education and Experience an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered :
K nowledge, Skills, and Abilities which are critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position :
- Bachelor's degree
- One to two years of experience with working with students or federal agencies preferred
- Experience working in a team setting
Equipment Used to Perform the Job which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position :
- Strong project management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Excellent client relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- High-energy level and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
Physical Abilities commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
idealist.org - 18 days ago