Operate company owned or leased trucks to facilitate the delivery, pick up and relocation of product and materials.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to perform all essential job functions.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper safe working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Ensure proper documentation is accurately processed by recording all moves on the trailer movement log.
- Communicate with dock side supervisor to assess the inbound/outbound schedule for the site and always communicate with the Supervisor before hooking up to a trailer in the dock door.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Ensure that all trailers are chocked before disengaging from the truck.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, and customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all doors are fasten before backing into the dock door and all doors are closed after leaving the dock.
- Perform daily yard checks.
- Ensure that trailer yard is kept neat and orderly.
- Perform required user inspection and provide required reports and PM work to Supervisor.
- Ensure, operate, and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions
- All other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet company needs and business requirements. Attendance at work is an essential function of this job. Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for ones conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Three to seven years related experience
Certificates & Licenses
Current valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license issued by state of residency.
Licensed CDL Driver Class A
Must be able to pass the DOT Medical Examination
Propak Corporation - 21 months ago
Propak is a proactive provider of leading-edge logistics, transportation and supply chain management solutions.
We are a customer...