Become a part of the Big #1 Duval Ford Team.
We have an immediate opening for a Part Time Delivery Driver.
This person is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts and vendors.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
· Checks with the body shop each day to determine immediate parts needs.
· Delivers parts to body shop when needed and distributes to appropriate body technicians.
· Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
· Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
· Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
· Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
· Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
· Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
· Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
· Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities of managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers' cars.
· Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
· Maintains professional appearance.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, walk, sit, finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hand or arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl talk & hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision ability requires ability to meet state driving standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: • wet and/or humid conditions • moving mechanical parts • fumes or airborne particles • toxic or caustic chemicals outdoor weather conditions risk of electrical shock
Valid driver's License required
Drug Free Workplace