Wildwood Programs provides quality educational, residential, vocational, social, recreational and therapeutic services to more than 200 students and over 800 adults across a 12 county area in the Capital District region. Each day over 600 full and part time teachers, therapists, social workers, teachers' aides, residence and vocational counselors, job coaches and other direct support professionals give their very best to ensure that the individuals whom Wildwood serves, receive the supports they need to learn, work, play and live in more independent, meaningful and unique ways.
KINDERHOOK- Part time Community Habilitation DSP needed to support a
25 year old woman who lives with her family in Kinderhook. We are
looking for someone to work weekend days, approximately 3-4 hours each
session, in both her home and her community. Supports needed include
encouraging her to use words to communicate, hands on assistance with
personal hygiene, simple meal preparation, and being safe andappropriate in the community. She enjoys feeding horses, going forwalks, shopping, going to church, movies and out to dinner.
Facilitates the growth and community interaction of an individual with neurological impairments, learning disabilities, or autism. Provides a variety of services necessary to enable the individual to live successfully in the community while providing relief to individuals who provide primary care and support.
Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).Medication Administration based on program need, First-Aid and CPRcertification or eligibility for certification.SCIP/PROMOTE certification based on program need.
- Works one-on-one in the consumers home and community to address a variety of life skills to include social, recreational and other activities of daily living.
- Follows the goals and/or activities specified in the individual's "Individualized Service Plan" and Community Habilitation Plan.
- In cooperation with the individual and family, the support staff helps to identify skills and competencies to be developed and devises plans to achieve those skills and competencies.
- Assists consumers to identify social, recreation and other community resources the individual may wish to access and devise plans to achieve that access.
- Measures the likelihood of social isolation and develops plans to build social and communal relationships, which prevent or minimize that isolation.
- Negotiates schedules and daily activities.
- Regularly maintains and submits service notes with documentation of the hours worked and the service provided.
- Maintains and submits travel vouchers and reimbursement requests.
- Follows any agreed upon action plan for activities with the individual, including a behavior plan.
- Employs knowledge of emergency procedures as outlined by Wildwood.
- Enhances and promotes social interaction and community participation.
- Presents as a positive role model.
- Works those hours authorized by the Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- Submits to and reviews reports and problems with the Assistant Director for Community Habilitation.
- Provides transportation for the consumer to and from community activities.
A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving
recordacceptable for agency insurance coverage are required. Daily accesstoan automobile is required.
In four surveys in the past seven years97%of our staff told us they would refer a friend or a member of their family for employment at Wildwood Programs.
WHY? We do worthwhile work and have a sense of accomplishment. We make a difference in people's lives. We work with children and adults with developmental disabilities. Learn why 97% enjoy working here!
- 3 years ago - save job