Promotes independence, self-esteem and community
integration, to individuals with developmental disabilities by
performing the following duties:
• Provides instruction and assistance to individuals in areas of
living including but not limited to personal hygiene, cooking, house
maintenance, social interaction with peer group, mobility training,
constructive use of leisure time and personal finances.
• Participates in a person centered approach to program plan
development and participates in activities to build competencies and
integrate individuals into their communities.
• Embraces team approach, attending and participating in all
meetings and mentoring new staff.
• Participates in program plan development, maintaining a
based approach and participates in activities to build competencies
and integrate them full into their communities.
• May work overnight shifts or have on-call responsibilities as
required by program and as needed.
• May be required to Administer and monitor medication to
individuals. Perform heath care treatment as prescribed by program.
• Assists consumers to identify social, recreation and other
resources the individual may wish to access and devise plans to
achieve that access.
• Negotiates schedules and daily activities.
• Completes all mandated reporting requirements by Wildwood and
regulating agencies including but not limited to the following:
- Habilitation plan service delivery checklists, notes and
- Incident reports
- Documents related to medication administration
- Documents related to behavioral support plans
- Documentation related to personal allowance
- Agency related documentation.
• Helps ensure appropriate safeguards for individuals are
• Provides and/or coordinates transportation for individuals to
program activities, doctors' appointments, recreational activities
• Remains current in agency and program related training.
• Communicates with other agencies, employers, family members,
coaches and any other necessary people.
• Implements emergency procedures established by the agency as
• Provide emergency first aid and CPR as necessary.
• Performs routine interior and exterior cleaning and maintenance
residence as assigned.
• Reports unique or emergency medical conditions of individuals to
program supervising R.N., and management team.
• Requisitions and purchases equipment, food and other materials
needed for the operation of the program following agency financial
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Medication Administration based on program need, First-Aid and CPR certification or eligibility for certification. SCIP/PROMOTE certification based on program need. A valid NYS driver's license and ability to drive and driving record
acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- 2 years ago - save job