The Data/ Reporting Analyst will perform reporting and written analysis in support of departmental research, performance reporting, operations management, and departmental operations. Designs and prepares reports by accessing databases or by consolidating data from multiple sources. Lays out report formats and produces reports. May summarize data and provide commentary or observations based on analysis. Sources of data may be enterprise systems, complex spreadsheets, databases, etc. requiring specialized expertise or training.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
· Read, research, collect and analyze information.
· Resolve data problems by coordinating the preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
· Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements.
· Maintains workflow by studying methods, trend analysis, implementing cost reductions, and developing reporting procedures.
· Designs and prepares reports by accessing various databases or by consolidating data from multiple sources for inclusion into research or operating reports.
· Summarize data and provide commentary or observations based on analysis. Sources of data may be enterprise systems, complex spreadsheets, databases, etc. requiring specialized expertise or training.
· Generate reports, presentations, graphics, forms, and other documents to demonstrate information flow and project results.
· Participates in internal and external research projects by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing results.
· Performs reporting and analysis work in support of departmental research, performance reporting, operations management, and departmental operations.
· Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
· Edit, standardize, or make changes to documents prepared by other writers in scope, format, and content.
· Prepare internal and external communications including announcements, newsletters, legislation, quarterly reports, presentations, technical documentation, and memorandums.
· Confer with management to establish technical specifications and subject material to be developed for publication.
· Manage content for division’s web site ensuring a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
· Coordinate with a cross-departmental team, to ensure accurate posting of division’s new and current information.
· Respond to inquiries with an accurate response to questions initiated via the web comments.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Provide historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and record meeting discussions.
· Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
· Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or by telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
· Proven ability to build consensus and work cooperatively and effectively across departmental teams.
· Interact with line staff, and management when conducting studies, surveys, or audits.
· Exceptional communication and organizational skills
· Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Passion, Integrity and Energy!
Reporting and Administrative Writing Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Inventory Control, Travel Logistics, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Time Management, Verbal Communication, and Microsoft Office experience a must.
Bachelor's degree in Business/Public Administration, English, Communication, or related field. (Equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis).
Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in creation, reporting, and/or management of data or closely related tasks (not including data entry). Must have technical writing, presentation development, and research skills.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Atlanta, GA - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
GreenSky Trade Credit
GreenSky Trade Credit
- 1 day ago
- 12 days ago
Floor and Decor
Floor and Decor
- 7 days ago