Talascend is currently seeking a Data Analyst / Developer (SQL) for a direct hire opportunity in Reston, VA.
- Analyze large volumes of raw data feeds and extract meaningful information from it
- Supporting Business Analysts in understanding the inputs, calculations and outputs required for a new implementation based on sample files provided by the customer
- Interfacing with internal and external customers to understand the set of data sources required for a new or existing implementation envisioned by the team
- Performing data assessments on non-formatted, unstructured and unclean sample data provided by the customer
- Analyzing Excel spreadsheets provided by the customer, which describes the current way that data is handled, analyzed and reported in their companies
- Performing data analysis and aggregation by loading historical data into a database and performing queries to obtain requested information
- Manipulating, parsing and concatenating data using Linux servers
- Serving as the liaison between the customer and the client team (Business Analyst, Business Owner, Project Manager, Development and QA teams, etc.) in all aspects related to data feeds, data aggregation, metrics, etc.
- Translating business requirements into technical requirements that can be used by the Development team
- Collecting the data source requirements needed to satisfy the complete set of business requirements given by the customer. Including (but not limited to) defining the set of metrics that need to be included on each the data source, data structure, data granularity, processing of data frequency, data aggregation, calculations, etc.
- Troubleshooting data issues reported internally or by the customer on existing data feeds including missing data, data inconsistencies, wrong calculations, etc.
sologig - 22 months ago