The Data Analyst Temporary Associate will assist with data collection, analysis, mapping, diagrams and data visualizations – both static and interactive – to assist with program strategy, evaluation and impact measurement. The Associate will support the Green Communities/Knowledge, Impact and Strategy (KIS) departments and should excel at finding new and innovative approaches to blending program data with design and interactivity to produce products that visually complement Green Communities program, data, analysis, and reports. The Associate will be expected to work with the Green Communities team to translate data from a variety of sources into simple, intuitive user-friendly designs that can be woven into our existing online and communication platforms. As well, deliverables may be used internally and externally to inform program strategy, particularly around place-based initiatives and Enterprise impact markets. Applicants should have a proven track record in the conception, design and execution of features like interactive maps and charts.
We seek talented and socially committed individuals with strong organizational and communication skills, self-starters with a keen attention to detail. The position is an opportunity to help Enterprise and Green Communities use data visualization technologies to more effectively tell the story of our impact.
**This is an hourly paid temporary position slated to go through December 2013. Position can be located in Columbia, MD or Washington D.C. but candidate should be able to travel to both offices on occasion.**
- Assist in the data collection from a variety of program sources.
- Assist in visual interpretations of research findings which may take the form of mapping, diagrams, case studies, report templates, etc.
- Help to identify and refine a core set of visualization tools for the projects.
- Collaborate with the Green Communities and Knowledge, Impact and Strategy teams to identify additional visualization tools to expand the knowledge delivery system of Green Communities.
- Other data and research projects as appropriate.
• At least two years of experience in interface design and/or traditional information graphic design.
• Experience in successfully developing interactive graphics, infographics, or web sites.
• Familiarity with visual presentation tools required (PowerPoint or Keynote, Visio, Prezi, etc.)
• Knowledge of GIS mapping in urban planning, community development context.
• Knowledge of data visualization tools for business intelligence purposes (Qlikview, etc.), statistical analysis software (SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.), and Salesforce would be a plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
• Interest and experience in housing and community development is a plus.
• Candidates will be expected to spend time in both Columbia, MD and Washington, D.C. offices and should have access to transportation.
Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. - 14 months ago