Data Architect / Modeler
Iron Data Solutions, LLC is an aggressive and fast moving private company that offers a comprehensive suite of software solutions for clients in two key verticals: public sector and transportation/logistics. With over 400 employees we are partners to our clients, not just providers. We have a team of battle tested professionals with experience and expertise in harnessing and leveraging organizational processes and its associated information to solve a wide variety of complex, multi-dimensional problems.
We have an immediate need for a highly motivated Data Modeler/Architect. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The candidate will be responsible for database modeling/design for a SOA based JEE based software system with a user base of 30,000 – 50,000 users.
• Expertise in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence areas as an accomplished Data Warehouse Architect, Data Modeler and Designer.
• 5+ years of experience with database design and modeling in a SOA environment.
• 5+ years of experience extracting and documenting data requirements from business/functional requirements.
• 5+ years of strong experience with CA Erwin Data Modeler and CA Erwin Model Manager.
• 5+ years experience with the development of reporting mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience
• Design and develop data stage models that promote efficiency, integrity and flexibility.
• Ability to generate logical and/or physical data models from scratch based off business requirements.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Data-Management concepts, practices and procedures; extensive knowledge of DBMS in multi-tiered, Web/Client/Server environments; as well as extensive knowledge of data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design and ETL tools, processes and methodology.
• Specific experience with data warehousing in a DB2 environment.
• Databases/systems to develop data mapping and design the ETL strategy.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to effectively interact with all levels of customer staff, and be able to flourish in a government contract setting.
• Experience with DB2 Version 9.
• J2EE software development experience.
Iron Data is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for motivated and intelligent people to join our team. To those candidates selected, we offer stable employment, a strong compensation and benefits package and a high energy work environment. More importantly, we provide opportunities for our staff to learn and grow with the end objective of building a team of highly skilled software professionals that can solve client needs today and provide a supply of qualified people for future roles in the Iron Data management and executive teams.
Iron Data Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
To learn more about Iron Data Solutions, LLC go to
Iron Data Solutions, LLC. (IDS) was founded in June of 2001 to respond to the increasing demand for outsourced services within the...