Data Architect / Modeler
Iron Data Solutions, LLC is an aggressive and fast moving private company that offers a comprehensive suite of software solutions for clients in two key verticals: public sector and transportation/logistics. With over 400 employees we are partners to our clients, not just providers. We have a team of battle tested professionals with experience and expertise in harnessing and leveraging organizational processes and its associated information to solve a wide variety of complex, multi-dimensional problems.
We have an immediate need for a highly motivated Data Modeler/Architect. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The candidate will be responsible for database modeling/design for a SOA based JEE based software system with a user base of 30,000 – 50,000 users.
• Expertise in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence areas as an accomplished Data Warehouse Architect, Data Modeler and Designer.
• 5+ years of experience with database design and modeling in a SOA environment.
• 5+ years of experience extracting and documenting data requirements from business/functional requirements.
• 5+ years of strong experience with CA Erwin Data Modeler and CA Erwin Model Manager.
• 5+ years experience with the development of reporting mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience
• Design and develop data stage models that promote efficiency, integrity and flexibility.
• Ability to generate logical and/or physical data models from scratch based off business requirements.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Data-Management concepts, practices and procedures; extensive knowledge of DBMS in multi-tiered, Web/Client/Server environments; as well as extensive knowledge of data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design and ETL tools, processes and methodology.
• Specific experience with data warehousing in a DB2 environment.
• Databases/systems to develop data mapping and design the ETL strategy.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to effectively interact with all levels of customer staff, and be able to flourish in a government contract setting.
• Experience with DB2 Version 9.
• J2EE software development experience.
Iron Data is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for motivated and intelligent people to join our team. To those candidates selected, we offer stable employment, a strong compensation and benefits package and a high energy work environment. More importantly, we provide opportunities for our staff to learn and grow with the end objective of building a team of highly skilled software professionals that can solve client needs today and provide a supply of qualified people for future roles in the Iron Data management and executive teams.
Iron Data Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
To learn more about Iron Data Solutions, LLC go to
Iron Data, LLC. - 11 months ago
Iron Data Solutions, LLC. (IDS) was founded in June of 2001 to respond to the increasing demand for outsourced services within the...