Hours: Full Time
Travel Required: Between facilities as needed
Location: Southfield and Dearborn, Michigan
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: College/technical degree or equivalent work-related experience
Salary: Negotiable based on experience with health benefits after 90 days
The Facilities/Maintenance Engineer is responsible for overseeing the maintenance, documentation and continuous operation of all Nexcessfacilities.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of all critical data center infrastructure, including UPS, HVAC, PDU, ATS, Backup Generators, Fire and Security systems.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of all non-critical facility systems, including house HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and all other general facility infrastructure.
- Be the first responder to any and all critical system/facility emergencies 24x7 and be able to perform hands-on emergency repairs as needed.
- Understand the overall maintenance objectives of our facilities. Continuously improve upon existing documented plans, including preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures. Identify and develop new maintenance plans/procedures as needed.
- Develop and present proposals for infrastructure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications as needed.
- General maintenance and upkeep of facilities inside and out. Perform hands-on maintenance tasks as needed.
- Become knowledgeable and stay up to date on best practices, new/emerging data center/facility technologies and systems.
- Responsible for educating all contractors working within our facilities with respects to the work they are performing and how it may affect any critical systems.
- Additional duties as required
- Strong understanding of HVAC, UPS, Electrical systems and extensive hands-on experience in a data center environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Individual should be able to work with minimal supervision and have excellent problem solving skills
- Proven ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Proficient PC skills
- Individual must possess a valid drivers license
Nexcess is a Southfield, Michigan-based managed hosting company founded in 2000, with wholly-owned data centers located in Dearborn,...