Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
This is a full time, defined duration opportunity with the potential to be extended further, based on business need. You may also be eligible for the following benefits:
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tax-Saver Spending Accounts for Medical and Dental Care
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Under limited supervision, perform activities related to the firm's data center(s). Focus is either on planning or performing data center hardware installation and implementation. May provide technical guidance to clients in core technologies. May generate reports and manage databases.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform timely Data Center hardware installations, moves, decommissions and implementations in compliance with internal guidelines, standard operating procedure, and standard implementation procedure
- Using knowledge of provisioning policy and service level agreements, provide technical support for new, residual, and on-going data center project work including equipment installations issue resolution, scheduling maintenance, and provisioning activities
- Provide project management support for on-site data center engagements including the generation, acceptance and sign-off for project deliverables
- Responsible for IT Asset Management tasks such as receiving new equipment, staging, tracking, and disposal or recycling of end of life assets
- Perform quality control checks and audits of all aspects of the provisioning life cycle
- Create new database or modify existing equipment database for tracking the IT hardware throughout the provisioning life cycle
- Serve as a cross functional resource to the data center facilities data center equipment placement planning process as
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Data Center Provisioning Experience Required
- Proficient is Microsoft Excel and Access
- Proficient in data center provisioning tool nLyte
- Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs (to facilitate data center server provisioning)
- Work week is four 10 hour days (Monday to Thursday) 12:00PM to 10:00PM. Actual times can vary depending of provisioning work load. Location is 2 days in Reston and 2 days in Urbana per week.
- Must be a multitask type of person who is detail driven.
- Knowledge of Sequel database a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note: This position will span a pre-defined duration .
Fannie Mae - 21 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...