"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
The Dan L. Duncan Children's Neurodevelopmental Clinic at the Children's Learning Institute at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston needs six (6) part time reading tutors to work with first through third grade students. Reading tutorial training will be provided upon hired. You will provide evidence based reading intervention programming to small groups of students at Houston area schools.
Primary responsiblities include:
- Tutor small groups of students in a HISD school in reading using an intervention program.
- Maintain student's folder with documentation of student work.
- Assesse student progress with program assessments.
- Must be comfortable with teaching isolated letter sounds and letter combinations.
- Ability to multi-task with several different tutoring materials.
- Experience working with elementary students.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment for students who are at-risk in reading.
You MUST have reliable transportation to travel within the Greater Houston area.
These positions are project based and number of hours worked are variable.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
High School diploma/Equivalent with a minimum of 2 years related experience with emphasis on public contact.
You will be trained by project manager or principal investigator on techniques to interview, complete questionnaires and operate equipment.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 12 months ago