About the Company:
FindTheBest is a research engine that collects, structures, and connects the world's data -- 60 billion pieces of information to date -- to give people all the information they need to research with confidence. The company's desktop site, mobile site, and embeddable widgets let people thoroughly research thousands of topics on one intuitive interface. Launched in late 2010, FindTheBest has quickly become a leading research destination with 22 million monthly visits. FindTheBest is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California with remote offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, integration, and scaling the data ingestion process of our content platform. You will work closely with the product management and engineering teams to build systems to efficiently manage the entire data pipeline all the way from acquisition, to cleaning and transforming, to building efficient data stores.
Please include your GPA (cumulative, and Major/Minor) and your graduation date (if still in school) on your resume or cover letter.
- Design and build a scalable data ingestion and processing framework for core data platform
- Work closely with product managers to perform specialized data processing and analysis to create unique, high-value datasets used to build new products
- Database query and index optimization
- Working closely with product managers to develop innovative solutions to any "data" problems (e.g. geospatial data aggregation, computing statistics over large datasets, fast updates for 100M+ row tables)
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Deep knowledge of relational (MySQL, Postgres) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, Java, C++
- Comfort working in a UNIX environment (or excited to learn)
- Data-driven mindset and strong problem solving skills
- Self motivated individual with a drive for continually learning new technologies
- Strong interest in technology, the power of data, and startups
Pay: Salary will be based on experience.
Benefits: Equity for every employee, 3 weeks paid vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a lunchtime workout class 4x/week and an evening yoga class 2x/week, along with catered Taco Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays and a fully stocked snack kitchen.
FindTheBest Inc. - 4 months ago