WEEKDAY OVERNIGHT SHIFT: Monday - Friday 10 pm to 8 am.
The Data Integrity Representative must be able to perform all duties of a Data Integrity Representative while being flexible to a work schedule that could become dependent on vacations and position vacancies. Must be able to assist in furtherance of technology (specifically new system development as well as enhancements). This will include any data that needs to be put into the operating system that could affect multiple departments and determining how to best proceed to benefit the customer and any connecting department. The Obligation of correcting data and protecting integrity of the data whenever errors are discovered, including process that may require referencing past and present processes, how the future business will grow, and applying common sense. Individual must be able to or exceed all internal and external customer needs. Other responsibilities may be assigned, as requested or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as requested or required.
The principal function is to enter all train movements into the operational software timely and accurately while complying with FRA guidelines. To answer calls with a customer first focused demeanor in a 24/7 call center. To consistently improve existing processes thinking long term that will achieve improved customer satisfaction and improved profitability. Individual must utilize process controls and information technology services to maximize data integrity and increase efficiencies. The work performed under the direct supervision of the Assistant Manager of Revenue Accounting (Data Integrity) but extensive leeway is granted for the exercise of independence and initiative. Understand all the inner workings of each function of the department as well as a firm understanding of other departments that directly relate to data integrity. Provide coverage during shifts that need attention. Assist in training of new hires. Provide timely and accurate work in areas including but not limited to the following:
1. Turn all crew lists within 15 minutes of receipt.
2. Attain proficient knowledge, creation and application of RWC codes and realize their importance and how they affect the customers, operations and revenue.
3. Utilize billing change form and realize the importance and how it affects customers, operations and revenue.
4. Proficient understanding of all applications and codes utilized within the operational software.
5. Read all email and other communications thoroughly, asking questions of the supervisor to better understand "why".
6. Follow all procedures including but not limited to (bad order process, documenting reason for bad order within waybill)
7. Check and utilize AEI readers on all road to complete interchange receipts and deliveries timely and accurately.
8. Communicate derailments quickly to Dispatch, Operations, Data Integrity and Customer Service areas.
9. Proper reporting and utilization of KETS system to confirm jobs completed and anticipate paperwork from crews in the field.
10. All paperwork or requests completed timely and correctly before end of the shift being worked.
11. Work cohesively with others inside and outside the Data Integrity area while ensuring quality and quantity of work congruent to fellow team members on same shift or relieving shift (ensuring no burden of work load is left on fellow team members).
12. Answer all phone calls within 2 rings in a professional manner. "Watco Customer Service (your name) speaking, how may I help you?"
Previous experience in a customer service environment or 2 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills essential, with experience in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook preferred. Experience in railroad operational systems a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
An individual that has a customer focused approach in performing all tasks successfully and must have the following:
1. Strong understanding of foundation principles and ability to impress upon peers their value add.
2. Communicate with all departments and levels of management within the organization with a strong positive attitude.
3. Desire to only provide reliable information and willingness to understand information to the core of its being.
4. Ability to work independently or as a team with a high degree of adaptability and organizational skills.
5. Ability to read, interpret and write documents such as procedure manuals.
6. Ability to type and 10-key with accuracy at 38 - 40 wpm typing and 7500 kph for 10-key entry.
7. Ability to professionally and politely handle all customers phone requests (internal and external customers).
8. Ability to speak effectively with customers or team members of the organization.
9. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs, and pivot tables.
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
11. Have a strong understanding of Watco's current service offerings.
12. Must be available to work any shift including weekends. Position will be four 10 hour days (or nights), and duty time will not change without at least 7 days notice.
13. The successful candidate must have good work ethic, be focused on customer service, work well under pressure, and present a positive attitude. The candidate must also have excellent communication skills, strong multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities, and be able to perform all functions accurately and timely, with or without direct oversight. Attention to detail is critical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to work in an indoor environment, and sit while working at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Watco, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Watco Companies (WCI) offers a wide-range of railcar services. Subsidiary Watco Transportation Services (WTS) runs 20-plus short-line...