Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Performs intermediate level database management activities in support of multiple research projects and studies. Provides data management, creation and troubleshooting of participant tracking database and performs statistical analyses associated with research projects.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Key Responsibilties Include:
- Responsible for managing/maintaining accurate and timely data for multiple health science education projects or research efforts.
- Creates, supports, and troubleshoots tools or software used to manage data, including that associated with maintaining health science education and research websites.
- Develops and maintains quality controls to verify validity of data for all research databases.
- Analyzes, compiles, and reports statistical data for research projects ? designs and conducts database queries in support of research activities. Types of research activities may include some or all of the following: recruiting and screening, educational field research and activities, informatics, and/or institutional program laboratories.
- Interfaces with offsite researchers and coordinators as needed to coordinate the work of information technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Other duties as assigned include: Assists grant Project Director and Co-Director in the evaluation of programs and projects with collaborating institutions. Assists evaluation of data generated from programs and projects from collaboration institutions.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with a minimum of three years of experience with complex databases or relevant experience in lieu of education on a year for year basis. Detailed knowledge of query design, report creation, and graphic representations of data. Knowledge and experience managing complex databases. Experience providing analysis of data.
Candidate has completed Master's degree program involving educational research which has resulted in related publications.
Candidate has been trained and has conducted activities involving programs and projects provided by the Office of Cultural and Institutional Diversity and the UTHealth Department of Biomedical Informatics.
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...