At Genworth, keeping our leading-edge Investments team current with the latest tools, technology and market data is paramount to our success. The Investments world is fast-paced and demanding. If you are looking for a challenging career on the cutting edge of financial and investment systems with an opportunity to be a part of a diverse and dynamic team, then Genworth's Investments Technology organization is the place for you! The Investments Application and Data Specialist will be challenged to manage the application and data needs for a wide range of mission-critical Investment services, and will the go-to person for coordinating with business users and other technical teams to bring the best possible solutions forward.
We are confident this will be an exciting place to grow your career. Joining our team, you'll find a commitment to your learning and development, and opportunities to make the most of your talents. Our culture here in Investments Technology is one of innovation, dedication, and collaboration. Come talk to us about how you have worked on varied business and technical problems. Come talk to us about the technologies you have used, the application solutions you have worked on, and the business users you have collaborated with. Come talk with us about your desire to learn, grow, and contribute!
- College degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related discipline
- Up to 5 years experience in developing and supporting applications and data
- Experience working independently and with teams, ideally on several projects/deliverables
- Willingness to learn about financial and investment systems and tools
- An innovator and problem solver, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to explain technical jargon to non-technical people
- A demonstrated thirst for continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate
- Some specific experience working with financial or investment systems or tools
- Experience related to managing data files for application processing or data warehouse needs (ETL)
- Experience with vendor software and coordinating 3rd party support
- Experience collaborating with infrastructure support teams
- Advanced academic qualifications and/or industry certifications
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....