Position Title: Data Processing/Intake Support Staff
The data processing/intake support staff is responsible for data processing and clerical duties of the intake department.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
1. Process referrals in intake unit.
a. Preregister patients for billing and statistical program.
b. Prepare medical records packets for all disciplines.
c. Distribute copies of referrals to appropriate managers.
d. Maintain log book of all incoming referrals.
e. Record and tally referral statistics.
2. Provide general clerical support to intake unit.
a. Answer telephones and takes messages.
b. Provide general information to telephone inquiries from physicians, hospitals, patients and families.
c. Photocopy, fax, and maintain supplies for intake unit.
d. Assign census track and care-givers name to unidentified mail received by agency.
3. Other data processing duties.
a. Input hospital discharges into billing system.
4. Responsible for knowing and adhering to agency policies and procedures.
a. Maintain patient confidentiality.
b. Demonstrate knowledge of quality assurance standards pertaining to accuracy of referral statistics.
c. Adhere to dress code and other agency policies.
5. Perform other duties as required.
a. Attend meetings and workshops as required.
b. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Directly responsible to the Manager of Clinical Support.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Excellent communication/ computerskills required.
3.Previous experience working in Healthcare field
4. Basic math skills.
1. Visual ability sufficient to read forms and documents.
2. Ability to sit 90% of the day.
3. Ability to hear and answer telephone inquiries.
$10 for an approximate 6 month assignment
Comforce Corporation - 23 months ago