Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 15,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Evernote is looking for a software engineering intern for the Data Products team.
About The Role:
Search is a vital part of the Evernote user experience. Place a memory into Evernote -- whether text, images, documents, handwriting or printed text within images, or anything else -- and you'll be able to find it whenever you want, wherever you are, and from any device. The Data Products team has been on a mission to improve the search experience for users by adding intelligence to make memories more discoverable.
We are looking for a talented software engineering intern with a strong computer science background and excited to take Search to its next level. Come work with a huge, one-of-a-kind data set and help millions of people discover and improve their lives.
Requirements and Skills:
- Own the entire implementation process from design to release, incorporating feedback from a range of stakeholders.
- Rapidly create prototypes, synthesize feedback and develop a production quality release candidate.
- Understand the Evernote user experience and product line while developing features for several different platforms.
- Smart, motivated, independent and loves to develop cool features.
- Strong background in computer science.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Experience with programming in Objective-C and Java preferred.
- Very comfortable learning new technologies, tools and platforms.
- Comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to or interest in natural language processing is a plus.
Completed or currently completing Bachelor’s, Master's or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.