POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Data Protection Engineer (US) reporting to Storage Team Manager will work on a team of storage and backup engineers. The team is responsible for the design, deployment, and support of storage and backup offerings on the xStream Cloud Platform.
The Data Protection Engineer has responsibility for the day to day operations of the xStream platform storage and backup systems. The Data Protection Engineer will perform storage and backup provisioning tasks, monitor performance, respond to service tickets and troubleshoot storage- and backup-related issues.
Qualified candidates must have 5 - 8 years’ experience with enterprise backup technologies including scoping, planning, installation, migration, etc. Sizing and integration experience of Enterprise Tape Subsystems and disk-based backups into heterogeneous server/storage physical & virtual environments.
Responsibilities & Functions:
Define and manage the overall backup environment
Identify and diagnose all issues with backups and restorations
Manage environment changes including software/hardware upgrades, software upgrades, and patches working with the vendor support for escalation of issues
Establishing backup metrics and managing vendor SLAs
- Acts as primary support owner and contact for all backup infrastructure environments, collaborating with other project team members and management to:
- Monitor backup infrastructure for performance and SLA compliance.
- Respond to service tickets related to the storage systems
- Assist in creation and documentation of day to day operational procedures.
- Provide storage system reports on both a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Monitor daily backup activity and reporting to proactively avoid issues
- Improve automation and productivity of backups through scripting enhancements
- Troubleshoot and resolve missed and failed backups
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS:
- 5 + years enterprise backup operations experience (Tier 3 level support preferable)
- Demonstrated expertise supporting an Enterprise backup/recovery application e.g. Asigra, Veeam, NetBackup, or HP Data Protector.
- Knowledge of NetApp, Dell/Compellent storage, Hitachi VSP or other enterprise storage
- Knowledge of Fiber Channel, SAN/NAS technologies and protocols including CIFS and NFS.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of UNIX (SUN, AIX, Linux) and Windows.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team as well as alone and work to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and drive.
- Provide on-call support.
- Those eligible to work for any employer in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.