The Data Quality Analyst position plays a key role in profiling critical data across source systems on varying platforms and then in turn analyzing and reporting on data quality both internally and externally, and achieving data quality objectives, as defined by the business community. In addition, this role requires developing a data cleanup plan, assisting in defining data standards, assisting in defining procedures for monitoring and reporting data quality in production environments, and supporting data needs for various projects. The Analyst will facilitate and/or assist in the data stewardship program to develop and execute data quality solutions to improve the Health Plan’s data integrity. The Data Quality Analyst will also be responsible for working with business customers to establish data quality targets for solutions and for implementing baseline and on-going audits to measure achievement of those targets. The analyst will engage with the business community to ensure all documentation of data is maintained in a repository for corporate use.
Essential Responsibilities/Accountabilities All Levels:
Level II- In addition to Level I responsibilities:
- Analyzes data for quality and assists with the data stewardship program to develop and execute data quality solutions which improve the Health Plan’s data integrity.
- Assists in the development and management of the Quality Measure Program for Data Profiling
- Develops new quality measures and continuously builds new metrics using the existing tools
- Assists with the process of building new metrics, coding specific rules in the system and running the data to identify measure reliability
• Develops detail analysis to identify trends that need to be addressed from the quality perspective
- Works with the Business units to develop detail reports to be used in the profiling process
- Works closely with other Data Governance Quality Analysts, and Manager of Data Governance to ensure priorities and direction is understood and driving work efforts
• Leads/guides data management discussions and presents techniques to support the Data Governance Program.
- Participates in Data Governance workgroups, providing data knowledge to guide discussion.
- Interfaces with Data Architecture to ensure the business’ data requirements are represented from an enterprise perspective.
- Ensures business and technical metadata is maintained in appropriate repositories.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level III - In addition to Level II responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and/or facilitation of Data Governance workgroups.
- Establishes data quality metrics and target goals by proactively engaging business areas.
- Prepares and executes profiling for data quality, including establishing baseline measures and continual monitoring to report metrics on data quality improvement.
- Analyzes data quality profiling results and engages business areas to develop and deploy data quality solutions to improve data quality.
- Assists in the facilitation of Data Governance forums, including the Data Governance Steering Committee and/or Data Stewardship Councils.
- Leads Data Governance workgroups to standardize data or processes, as identified by data stewards, to improve data quality. This includes assisting in the development of data quality solutions.
- Presents at internal educational sessions to promote Data Governance across the Health Plan.
Level II- In addition to Level I minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Health Sciences or other analytical field and a minimum of 2 years of data management concepts required.
- Minimum of one year SQL or Oracle coding experience preferred.
- Experience developing detail analysis to identify trends that need to be addressed from a quality perspective
- Experience working with businesses to develop detailed reports
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Knowledge of leading data profiling vendors such as DataFlux, SAP, etc.
- Experience with any of the following: Trizetto Facets, Siebel, or other Health Plan system vendors
- Exposure to United States Postal Service Standards, International Standards, National Information Standards, American National Standards, or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability standards.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Data Quality tools a plus.
- Data modeling a plus.
- ETL and data access tool knowledge a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
Level III- In addition to Level II minimum qualifications:
- 2+ years of Data Quality tools
- 3+ years of data analysis and design
- 2+ years of Data modeling.
- Strong facilitation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Significant business and industry knowledge
- Considerable experience with Health Plan source systems and Data Quality tools
Normal office environment. Frequent travel required between divisions Some travel required out of area
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 17 months ago
- 7 days ago
Unity Health System
Unity Health System
- 16 days ago
Robert Half Finance & Accounting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- 1 day ago