We are looking for a Data / Database focused Quant for a large firm in New York. Please call the LA office for full details.
- Asset Class: US equities primarily, but may have some international equities exposure.
- Essential: SQL database (must be most strong on) as opposed to sybase or oracle etc.
- Academics: PhD desired but can be MSc, more concerned about the SQL skills.
Keywords: Equities, Futures, Algorithmic Trading, Electronic Trading, SQL, MSSQL, MYSQL, Exchanges, Database, Quant
- Strong database modeling and development skills - at least 3 years of experience
- Designing and developing backend software for capture, storage and retrieval of large amounts of market data
- Modeling financial data with emphasis on equities
- Performance tuning
- Database Management:
- Strong MSc or PhD
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and intellectual inquisitiveness.
- Strong verbal / written communications. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with other teams.
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
We Welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
Contact Telephone Number: +1 310 807 5028
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
- 2 years ago - save job