NovoDynamics delivers comprehensive services and software for big data analytics. These include data warehouse design, operational activities (database performance maintenance, data loading, growth/scaling), software development (both backend “bulk ” processing and front-end client-facing web reporting), and business analysis activities. The entire process delivers timely, data-driven decision-making tools for our clients. |
We are a small team. We want you to have an area of expertise, but you should also be willing and able to ramp up quickly and do great work in more than one of these roles.
• Work with Senior staff to design data warehouse solutions for new and existing clients, gathering requirements, business rules, and logic for meaningful reports and dashboards.
• Deployment of new data warehouse installations, either with physical hardware or in the cloud.
• Add new data sources to existing warehouses, utilizing appropriate custom or standard tools. Depending on the source, this may involve significant pre- and post-processing of dirty or otherwise awkwardly formatted datasets for making them useful for the client ’s purposes.
• Performance monitoring of database health, analyzing job run-times, and identifying improvements.
• Some software development will be required. No one is expected to be an expert for all aspects of our software languages and environments (Python/Java, RDMS procedures, SQL, Web languages), but a successful Data Scientist will be an expert in some and familiar with them all.
• Perform open ended analysis, both using internal tools/reports as well as direct access to datasets.
• Minimum of Bachelor ’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
• Extensive knowledge of Relational Databases, with particular focus on either MySQL or Oracle.
• Thorough knowledge of ETL (Extract Transfer Load) principals and tools to move data in and out of a database.
• Strong experience in Python or Java.
• Some statistical background
• Comfort in a cross-platform environment (Windows and Linux).
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel. Yes, Microsoft Excel. You should be able to use a PivotTable.
• Source Control
B-features ( “nice to have ”):
• Exposure to agile or lean software development methodologies.
• NoSQL experience.
• Statistics software experience: R, SAS, SPPS, Stata.
• Fluency in a Middle Eastern or Asian language (in addition to great English).