Data Scientist V - US - 22097
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Data Scientist V - US
Location US-Work from Home San Antonio, TX 78218, US
Education College, A-level
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
Senior Data Scientist will perform statistical and data analyses for variety of different projects starting from advertising campaigns analytics and insights and ending up with large scale automated data analysis. Extensive computer programming experience in scripting languages and in SAS Macro language is required to perform data access, data analysis and data presentation tasks.
- Intermediate proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, and optimization algorithms.
- Basic fluency with relational databases and SQL.
- Familiarity with R in addition to familiarity with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C++.
- Basic knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, and Hive.
- Rudimentary technical knowledge as well as basic problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Working knowledge of Rackspace internal operations, structure, and systems.
- Foundational understanding of product development life cycle.
- Awareness of the hosting industry and the surrounding technologies.
- Basic presentation skills.
- Delivers assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Coordinates and performs basic technical requirements.
- Collects, pre-processes, and organizes data.
- Maintains and standardizes data sources.
- Conducts basic statistical analyses. Implements algorithms in a programming language.
- Works closely with other engineering teams to ensure algorithms are delivered into production systems effectively and accurately.
- Constructs visualizations for data presentation.
- Interacts with individual contributor level stakeholders.
- Provides inputs to documentation as needed.
Rackspace, a world leader in hosting delivers enterprise-level managed hosting, cloud hosting, and e-mail hosting services to businesses of all types and sizes globally. Today we serve thousands of customers from data centers around the world. Rackspace integrates the industry's best technologies and practices for each customer's specific needs delivering it as a service via the company's commitment to Fanatical Support®. We serve as an extension of our customers' IT departments enabling them to focus on their core business. Rackspace was founded in 1998 and since then has had significant growth year after year. There are now over 5,000 Rackers employed worldwide dedicated to providing customers our premier hosting services.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...