We are Looking for GREAT People to Help Fulfill Our Mission
WHY WORK AT PIVOTAL?
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once-in-a-generation transition; one that will transform the ways that infrastructure and applications will be built and used. We want pioneers, world-class experts, and those who refuse to accept the status quo. Armed with code, data, a defining culture, and a purposeful mission, our team is developing cutting-edge technology that fundamentally changes the way businesses operate and innovate.
At Pivotal, you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
We have an opening currently on our IT Security DS team that is located in our San Mateo HQ (other locations may also be considered). We need passionate people, who are interested and dedicated to making the world a better place using technology. Our Data Science team is critical to the success of our company and we have an elite team of like-minded people. In this role you:
Read about Data Science in security here: http://blog.gopivotal.com/products/demystifying-data-science-for-network-security
- Will have access to a ton of interesting data sets from a variety of industries, dealing with security.
- Will work on projects that will make a difference.. improve malware detection, fraud analysis, anomalous events, etc.
- Will work very close to technology and help shape the future of security analytics
- Will work with brilliant people who are very passionate about a lot of the same issues as you.
- Will apply Machine Learning techniques to real world data challenges
Our Data Scientists create new sources of data-driven innovation and value for our customers and prospects while proving the analytical capabilities of Pivotal’s technology stack. They help customers respond to their top-priority business goals by introducing new ways to tap their exploding data assets, using statistical methods, machine learning, and predictive models. Pivotal Data Scientists develop new practices and methodologies for working with the Pivotal data warehouse technology, often working closely with leading academics and industry experts. They also work with industry-leading engineers to create new tools and features that support sophisticated analytics within the database.
Here is what we are looking for:
- PhD/MS in Quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research, Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, etc.
Specific Machine Learning Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientists/Modeler/Research Analyst - 2-5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist / Modeler in areas of fraud detection, network security, failure prediction, root cause analysis, etc.
- Past experience dealing with large data sets is also desired
Other Technical Skills:
- Solid knowledge on Machine Learning Concepts
- Knowledge of Applied Math/Statistics beyond machine learning is a plus
You can read more about our team and what we are doing in the Data Science field here:
- R experience
- Comfortable with at least one procedural language (Python, C++, C, Java)
- Familiarity with SQL/Hadoop is nice to have but not mandatory
- Familiarity with Distributed Computing Environments/ Parallelism/MPI Framework is nice to have but not mandatory
Pivotal Payments is an independent payment processing provider, offering a full range of merchant services to small, medium and large-sized...