This position is a key member of the Epic security team responsible for safeguarding the critical and confidential information, assets and intellectual property, belonging to or processed by UWHC. Primary focus is on Epic clinical applications that support the Electronic Health Record (EHR). Reviews and monitors systems allowing access to the EHR and ensures proper security precautions are in place. Manages account provisioning and password management process. Creates policies and procedures for computer access, authentication and authorization to Epic systems. Reviews and audits security policy, while collecting metrics to show results of security efforts. Engages in other security related activities, as appropriate, to ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of electronic information.
Competent to work at the highest level, under general direction, on all phases of security management. Regularly operates under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads.
Prior experience working with EMR Data Security is highly desired.
1. Post high school education in Information Technology, Business, or related field required.
Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
2. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field preferred.
3. Minimum of 3 years Information Technology and/or Analysis experience required.
4. Clinical Information Security Experience preferred.
5. Demonstrated ability to evaluate projects, interact with users, evaluate problems, and work independently toward successful completion of projects.
6. Knowledge of information systems/security products and principles.
7. Knowledge of various methods, systems and cost/benefit analysis techniques.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
9. Ability to schedule one's own workload in order to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
10. Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
11. Physical Requirements: Sedentary - Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels: Objective and Senior.
Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Dan Sodemann for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 608-263-6512.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.