WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Defines, designs and documents conceptual and logical data models
- Develops clear definitions for data elements
- Develops worked examples to promote understanding of data changes
- Promotes consistent data naming standards (such as table columns, class attributes, etc.) across the enterprise
- Captures metadata for data elements
- Partners with business partners to ensure data needs are met and captured
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Identifies and promotes data design patterns to promote consistency and reuse across enterprise data stores
- Advances Data Design techniques within the data design community and across the enterprise
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and best practices as it relates to data management and design techniques and applies to current work efforts
- Drives, embraces and enables an environment of change - fostering innovation, championing initiatives, efforts and ideas for Systems and the enterprise
- Leads and/or contributes to strategic work (highly complex and crosses multiple organizational boundaries) and influences team members and business partners
- Provides input to business partners by acting as a point of contact on data and database issues
- Utilizes, promotes and aids in defining processes such as: data design standards, guidelines and quality controls
- Provides leadership and direction to others at the release or project level
- Navigates and successfully leads any problem or project assignment to completion
- Maintains solid relationships and strategic partnering skills with team members, business partners, and external associates
- Serves as a change advocate, championing initiatives, efforts and ideas for Systems and the Enterprise
- Uses a working knowledge of at least one Database management system, such as DB2, SQL Server, Oracle to complete assignments
- Develops data design solutions and verifies they effectively meet business partner needs
- Exercises sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems within area of expertise
- Uses a working knowledge of data standards and concepts in daily assignments
- Collaborates with project teams to assist in delivery of data solutions
- Develops advisor skills
ITEMS OF NOTE
We are seeking candidates with vast experience in Data Architecture to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
Note: Data Design tool suite experience, such as E/R Studio, is a plus.
There is a possibility that this position may require a one-time 8 week period of working 2nd and/or 3rd shift.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 14 months ago
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...