The Data Management Specialist is responsible for promoting the mission of Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota (G/ESM). This includes creating, running, and analyzing reports to assist MFIP teams in meeting contract and outcome goals. Responsibilities also include supporting members of management by managing data, providing office support, managing electronic and hard copy participant files, conducting data entry, and reporting and recording in a manner that will meet and/or exceed all standards established by CARF, the Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, the State of Minnesota and G/ESM, and all applicable data privacy and data security policies and procedures. The Data Specialist – MFIP position will function within internal and external teams to deliver seamless services to the participant and to ensure that positive relationships are maintained resulting in the optimum employment outcomes for participants.
SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Management or Human Services or other related field and one year of relevant experience, or
- Associate’s Degree in related field and two years of relevant experience, or
- Five years relevant experience
- Experience organizing and analyzing human service program data and information.
- Experience creating, modifying and adapting program reports.
- Knowledge of data privacy requirements and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes.
- Organizational skills.
- Adaptive and open to change and flexibility within job.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of disadvantaged and disability populations and funding systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software and the ability to accurately enter data into computer-based systems.
- Experience successfully managing a case load or related human service experience.
- Active involvement with professional organization.
- Desktop Publishing experience.
- Database experience.
- Budgeting ability.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- Formal editing experience.
- Knowledge of cultural diversity and in working with disadvantaged and disabled populations.