The Data Steward will strategically and tactically manage business data related to an assigned functional area (e.g. Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, etc.) within a Health Ministry while ensuring high levels of data quality, availability and privacy. This individual will be responsible for monitoring adherence to governance policies, procedures and processes, establishing consistent understanding of data definitions, and monitoring/auditing the overall data quality within their Health Ministry.
The Data Steward champions Master Data Management focusing on business benefits, fostering the goal of data re-use, and articulates the strategic significance of consistent, accurate and reliable information to executives and associates.
The Data Steward will partner with the System Office (SO) Master Data Management Governance Team and the Ministry Service Center (MSC) Master Data Services (MDS) Team to strengthen data management practices at his/her Health Ministry leading to quality enterprise master data for SO cost accounting, reporting and corporate business analytics.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Monitors overall data quality for assigned data elements.
- Ensures the appropriateness of their Health Ministry’s requests; researches whether element already exists to meet the requirements of the request; internally vets requests cross functionally with their Health Ministry prior to submission.
- Acts as a “gatekeeper” for their Health Ministry to ensure all information required is gathered, accurate and complete prior to submitting the request to the MSC MDS team.
- Serves as liasion for/to their Health Ministry for the Master Data Management Governance Team and/or the MSC MDS team.
- Supports Symphony program delivery and the Master Data Management Governance Team in their efforts to define, adopt, and execute data management processes
- Identifies and reports data quality issues, related to uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a timely fashion. Collaborates with Master Data Management Governance and MSC MDS team to manage and resolve identified data quality issues
- Participates in regularly scheduled and ad hoc Data Steward meetings, forums, work groups, and educational sessions
- Participates in training and meetings to facilitate the sharing of data across functional areas and understanding of stewardship best practices
- Monitors use of the MDM Hub by their Health Ministry stakeholder to maintain local codes relating them to PeopleSoft codes using the Symphony Crosswalk Lists
- Communicates Master Data Management process, practices and expectations to their Health Ministry stakeholders
- Maintains the local data needed to ensure the accuracy of the procure‐to‐pay process
- Performing maintenance (add, changes, inactivates) of items, vendors and contracts in the legacy purchasing systems, legacy accounts payable systems, as well as in PeopleSoft in accordance with Data Governance Standards. Obtaining from the CRO and maintain documentation of approvals for each maintenance request.
- Ensuring that all legacy values to PeopleSoft value Crosswalks are maintained daily in the MDM Crosswalk for SCM data values
- Responding to all requests of the MSC for data verification prior to changes being made in the item, vendor or contract masters by the MSC team (e.g., item additions, contract changes, pricing verifications, and issue resolution). This is in accordance with the procure‐to‐pay governance model.
- Engaging with local staff to resolve all AP Vendor accounts payable issues.
- Monitoring proactively via reports and analysis to ensure the local values and Peoplesoft values are synchronized
- Maintains other SCM Master Data (e.g. locations, POBUs, INVBUs) to ensure proper reporting in financial reports and the MIC. Obtains from the CRO and maintain documentation of approvals for each maintenance request.
- Maintains the linkage of SCM to Revenue Cycle
- Engaging with the local chargemaster teams and clinical department leaders to ensure that the actual acquisition cost is being captured and charged for each chargeable supply by ensuring the alignment/mapping of an item number with a CDM number at the discrete level (specific to mfg, mfg catalog number)
- Ensuring that maintenance is requested and received to allow for appropriate charges to be entered before the patient bill is issued (e.g. 3 days).
- Provides subject matter expertise to the Data Governance Council
- To develop the Data Standards and Rules for SCM Master Data
- To determine appropriate data values (e.g. Standard UOM) when conflict arises
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- A Bachelors degree is required with five to seven years applicable experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
- Expertise in ERP systems and/or data management in addition to experience in data quality, data stewardship or data management preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex processes into sub-processes
- Have clear understanding of your assigned functional area and the data being managed, and its implications downstream to other systems, processes, and applications
- Knowledge of the business rules for their functional areas
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Communicate effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with right level of detail and cultural sensitivity
- Flexible and open to new ideas with the ability to understand things from corporate, regional and local perspective while maintaining customer focus
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment; self-motivated to work in an independent and collaborative mode
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility; strong collaboration skills
- Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take decisions that have enterprise-wide impact
- Effective meeting management skills
- Effectively influence a team of individuals without reporting authority to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Positioned to understand the structure and complexity of Ascension Healt
Ascension Health - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...