Founded in 2003, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn’t process, but has since grown to offer full online storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 35 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering consumers an essential free service, YouSendIt’s renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
YouSendIt is looking for exceptional people to help deliver the next generation of collaboration services and revolutionize the way people work. We like creative, innovative, smart folk who take the initiative and don’t want to hand it back. If that sounds like you and you want to work for a fun and friendly company in an exciting and growing space, find your next great job at YouSendIt.
Data Warehouse/BI Architect
The Business Intelligence (BI) Data Architect will be responsible for activities related to the architecture, design, development, implementation, and support of the Data Warehouse (DW) and BI delivery environment. The BI Architect has both strategic and tactical responsibility for developing and enhancing the overall architecture of the DW & BI delivery environment.
The ideal candidate for this has strong communication and analytical skills, project management expertise, passion for data visualization, reporting and functional BI knowledge. This person must think systemically, listen beyond requirements and uncover needs, think creatively about alternatives, work collaboratively, push the envelope, challenge norms assertively, and have impeccable follow through and planning skills.
Skills and Responsibilities Include:
· Deep understanding of data warehouse approaches, industry standards and industry best practices
· Lead efforts to develop and maintain a Corporate Data Dictionary so it becomes the reference for standard data definitions and instrumentation across all application touch-points.
· Experienced in transforming data from a web-centric model to a customer-behavior model across multiple devices
· Ensure Data Quality as a discipline is developed and implemented across all the systems to ensure trust in relying on data to drive business decisions
· Proven ability to architect and engineer business intelligence data models
· Present strong data lineage, taxonomy, and related experience
· Lead the development of a scalable data architecture for all of the YouSendIt BI data assets, including operational data stores and the Data Warehouse
· Implement a Data Quality discipline, across all responsible systems, to ensure confidence when analyzing eCommerce BI data to drive business decisions
· Ensure Data Governance and consistency across multiple data channels and sources
· Ability to recognize and influence the upstream and downstream impacts of logic and system changes
· Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently and on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
· Must be flexible and capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet critical deadlines
· Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts and database architecture and design
· Create DW schema design and ensure optimum database performance
· At least 5 years of experience in data architecture / data modeling
· Experience with Agile a plus.
· Exposure to Hadoop is a plus
YouSendIt, Inc. - 19 months ago