Let’s Work Together
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer
This position is based in Clifton Park, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. In every nfrastructure office, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of dynamic infrastructure solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success.
The area: Managed Services
At nfrastructure, we continually look for ways to create sustainable value for our customers. We do that first and foremost by delivering unmatched performance to more than 150 large enterprises across North America. nfrastructure’s Managed Services Division embodies that pursuit. This new division is responsible for designing, building and operating the infrastructure that will support our managed services customers such as NYS DOT and the Research Foundation of SUNY. It will be responsible for managing and maintaining the new Cloudtricity environment, the planned desktop virtualization offering, and the new Oracle application environment, to cite a few. Similarly, Managed Services will be responsible for and providing these same managed services to our nployees as customers of the managed services division, from networking to desktops, from active directory to unified communications and everything in between. We are devoted to helping our clients find relevant solutions that meet their changing needs and to consistently exceed their expectations. So if you are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, Managed Services may be the right place for you.
The role: Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer
As Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer, you will act independently to assist in formulating system scope and objectives, with a focus on overall Business Intelligence (BI) architecture. You will prepare detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written. The Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Developer will design, code, test, debug and document the Business Intelligence solutions. This role is a top-level technical contributor in the Business Intelligence team. You will be responsible for understanding, applying and leveraging both knowledge of BI and ETL technologies and knowledge of relevant business processes.
- Analyze, design and develop Business Intelligence technical solutions leveraging off the shelf technologies such as OBIEE, Informatica, and similar tools
- Participate in the full development lifecycle within the reporting framework, from developing business intelligence requirements to QA and production deployment
- Adhere to best Data Warehouse practices when modeling Business Intelligence solutions
- Design STAR Schema Data Warehouse Models using Facts and Dimensions
- Communicate both functional and technical designs and changes to all appropriate agents
- Collaborate with and mentor current development staff in the use of Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Informatica, and Oracle coding language based on numerous prior development activities in these environments
- Test and review personal development work as well as the work of team members
- Utilize prior knowledge of related tools and obtain knowledge of other technologies in support of the organization projects
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of programming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification, training, or proven knowledge in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Extensive experience in the professional utilization of Oracle databases and web development tools
- Superior analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience creating innovative solutions with a superior technical approach that drives business strategies
nfrastructure helps large enterprises design, build and operate mission-critical technology infrastructure. Combining proven methods and tools, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major North American market and tightly integrated low cost remote support, nfrastructure collaborates with customers to deliver sustainable disruptive value. With industry practices in public sector, financial services, retail, healthcare, technology, communications, public safety and energy, nfrastructure works with leading technology hardware and software vendors to provide comprehensive data center, network, security, unified communications, end-point, structured cabling, staffing and outsourcing solutions.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at www.nfrastructure.com/company/careers
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
nfrastructure - 17 months ago