Data Warehouse Project Manager, Boston, MA., 5 months + (probable extension)
Will require face to face interview after successful phone interview.
The Data Warehouse Project Manager will lead the team of Business Analysts, Technical Architects and Leads, ETL developers, Report developers and QA testers to ensure that the Department of Unemployment’s business and technical requirements are thoroughly understood and implemented..
Project Control. Develops an effective plan for controlling the project scope, schedule and cost baseline, and monitors the project execution to ensure that the plan is being followed. Creates and effectively coordinates documentation to explain changes to the baseline, and ensures the approved changes are implemented. Maintains logs of all submitted changes and their status. Must be able to manager matrix resources and perform resource leveling when necessary.
Project Communications. Develops an effective plan for communicating project information to the project team and to the project stakeholders. Develops written status reports, determines project status codes, and creates and presents project review documents to senior management. Collects and documents project issues, and manages their timely resolution.
Project Risk Management. Leads the definition of project risks, and the required mitigation approaches. Monitors project activities for the occurrence of risks, and takes timely action to mitigate the risk. Advises project team members and stakeholders of actions required or completed.
Project Lessons Learned. At the completion of a project, captures lessons learned, and communicates those to other project managers. Effectively applies lessons learned in subsequent projects.
Project Environment. Shares responsibility with the project leadership team for providing a good working environment. Ensures teams are staffed, duties and responsibilities are understood by everyone, and that an inclusive environment is maintained.
Special Duties and Requirements:
• Develop master project plans and drives; optimize and manage all plans while presenting alternate scenarios to continuously reduce overall critical path.
• Assists in the development of complex projects' budgets, utilizing appropriate analysis approaches across multiple projects, manages resource plan to budget and reports "planned vs. actual " budget variances.
• Employs QA best practices and standards defining, collecting, and interpreting metrics and diagrams.
• Facilitates status reviews with all stakeholders updating project status and clarifying roles and responsibilities developing accurate, detailed consolidated reports to continuously manage expectations. Creates multi-project communications plans/reporting methods.
• Develops resource plans that align unique project needs with team members' skillsets/career interests and applies various techniques to build/maintain a unified team view/focus on project objectives.
• Must possess established record of applying PM best practices, tools, techniques and methods that have resulted in several projects being executed successfully to plan by balancing scope/time/budget targets supported by accurate progress reporting to all stakeholders.
• Experience managing multiple high risk/high visibility mission critical/strategic cross-functional global projects as a recognized expert in PM methodologies.
• Experience developing risk mitigation and contingency plans. Has led risk identification processes to develop project specific mitigations and contingencies and updates risk plans as conditions warrant and considers risk during the change management process.
• Ability to manage change control and refines scope statement appropriately, understanding the impact of scope statement changes and clearly articulates requirements (both "in scope " and "out of scope ") to manage expectations.
• Accurately develop a WBS to the proper level of detail.
• Ability to develop scope management plans and WBS for cross functional remotely located multi-projects, mentors PMs on WBS creation with traceability to scope management plan, discusses scope change alternatives and timing/impact with stakeholders and optimizes the process to integrate scope changes.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
Experience in systems development and project management across a variety of technical platforms
Experience in leading Business Intelligence and data warehouse projects
PMP certification preferred
Experience within a matrix environment
Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Exceptional prioritization and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
Ability to organize other teams and adapt style to what is effective for each team.
Driver; takes responsibility and drives team members to deliverables
Makes good decisions based on the input of others
5-8 years of related experience.
Results orientation: consistently delivers on commitments, takes initiative, has a bias toward action, takes responsibility, shows individual accountability, has a sense of urgency, makes timely decisions.
Ability to manage through influence/leverage partnerships.
Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
Experience managing technical projects.
Solid knowledge on project management, budgeting, customer management and risk/issue management
Previous experience in managing large data warehouse and analytical products
Experience in working with senior management like Director, VPs in managing large product development teams both internal and vendor teams
Knowledge in data warehousing concepts and data integration is a plus
Knowledge in Oracle database/data warehouse tools and products in a .Net environment
Understanding of data delivery mechanism like Portals and tools: Oracle Warehouse Builder and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition for reporting.
Implementing a data warehouse solutions on time and within budget using Oracle suite of tools in a .Net environment.
Overseeing the development, testing and implementation verifying that requirements are adhered to and the solution meets or exceeds business expectations.
Escalating any changes in scope or project needs to stakeholders. Providing weekly status to project plan, define risk mitigation and contingency plans. Verify that work completed by data warehouse team is on Client and conforms to requirements.
Should have experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse projects. Will be responsible for the scoping, planning, and execution of a portfolio of IT projects utilizing standardized company Project Management Methodology. Additional responsibilities and processes include cost, schedule, issues, risks, resource management, and status reporting. Successfully manages the day-to-day activities of projects through the project life cycle from initiation to closure including cross functional efforts such as requirements gathering, system analysis/design, development/configuration, testing and implementation phases. Assumes ownership of the project deliverables and results. Acts as primary liaison between the business and the various IT teams.
Enterprise Data Warehouse Implementation Project Management experience.
Develop master project plans and drives; optimize and manage all plans while presenting alternate scenarios to continuously reduce overall critical path.
Assists in the development of complex projects' budgets, utilizing appropriate analysis approaches across multiple projects, manages resource plan to budget and reports "planned vs. actual " budget variances.
Employs QA best practices and standards defining, collecting, and interpreting metrics and diagrams.
Facilitates status reviews with all stakeholders updating project status and clarifying roles and responsibilities developing accurate, detailed consolidated reports to continuously manage expectations. Creates multi-project communications plans/reporting methods.
Regal Computer Systems, Inc - 7 months ago