Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are looking for an expert Decision Support Systems (DSS) QA leader. S/he will demonstrate in depth knowledge of Management Information Databases, Business Intelligence applications and techniques involved in testing data warehouses, databases, data marts and cubes.
QA Director will help mature our Data Warehousing QA / Test practices working closely with IT and business stakeholders. This person must understand the role QA plays in coordinating and managing all phases of the software development and engaging our business partners in UAT testing phase.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership abilities and strong knowledge of data warehousing, managed information and business intelligence systems and QA/Testing domains.
* Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science or technology/engineering related field
* Proficient experience with DSS, ETL, Warehousing, Data Marts, reporting and BI apps
* Currently in a Senior level Manager or Director role
* 7 years working knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts
* 7 years of experience in SDLC and software development background is highly preferred.
* 5 years QA Testing Experience and working knowledge of QA methodologies
* 5 years of experience with automated test tool
* 5 years of Offshore and Onshore Team leadership
* Expert Director for Data Warehousing Projects
* Develop Test Strategies, Plans, estimates & projections for data warehouse applications for multiple projects
* Understand the end to end data flow from the source systems to the data warehouse, coordinate with cross functional teams to develop end to end testing strategy
* Lead non traditional QA Automation plan for the team
* Interact with stakeholders on test progress
* Lead cross functional test or specialized efforts
* Conduct QA reviews and audits. Identify, collect, analyze and report on metrics
EXPERIENCE / EXPERTISE:
Ability to collaborate and communicate with the developers, system analysts and business teams to arrive at practical and comprehensive test plans. Strong commitment to high quality work and timely deliverables. Ability to develop and present QA/Testing solutions to leadership. Demonstrated influential leadership, participative management style, resilience to change and customer focus.
Ability to direct execution efforts for both onshore as well as offshore resources.
Understanding of software release process, waterfall, iterative and Agile methodologies.
Working knowledge of systems interfaces with the business operations workflow, and a solid understanding of the corporate and departmental information system strategies.
Ability to grasp new technologies and changing trends & apply in day to day work.
In addition candidate should have extensive experience in data flow, data mapping and data analysis in support of designing effective and efficient test planning.
Knowledge of P&C Insurance applications and processes is highly desirable.
Tools & Technologies:
* Significant practical experience with SQL, SQL server extensions, ANSI SQL, JCL (Required)
* Hands-on Experience with Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence systems and Teradata Architecture (Required)
* Experience with Micro Strategy software, Cognos and AbInitio ETL tool architecture (Preferred)
* Adaptable to evaluating specific, home grown tools for potential utilization or optimization (Required)
* Should be proficient in HP Quality Center & Automated testing tools, including QTP (Required)
Business Knowledge & Partnership
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business function they are supporting. Establishes effective working relationships and works with business partners, systems analysts and developers to help identify issues, provide solutions and establish priorities. Contributes to the creation of an atmosphere where business partner and developments issues are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Works with staff to identify and analyze problems and provides recommendations/solutions. Escalates significant problems quickly and clearly and carefully makes decisions regarding risks and solutions. Understands the impact of changes to the system environment. Provides leadership and guidance to implement solutions. Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow the management plan and direct activities to obtain intended results. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved. Knows how to execute to get things done. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Builds relationships with other departments to work as one team. Builds relationships to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Works effectively with all levels. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
Planning and Project Management
Identifies tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources. Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
Develops and monitors a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned. Readjusts resources and/or staff to avoid delays and inefficiencies, and prevent failure to achieve results. Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies requiring the readjustment of resources and/or staff. Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness. Responsible for important and confidential information.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Sabre Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a world leader in travel commerce, retailing travel products and providing distribution and...