Job Description : Database/Reports Developer
Responsibilities include development of published, on demand, and ad hoc reports as needed. This position will primarily use MS SQL, but familiarity with Oracle is required. Report development is done with Crystal Reports 2012.
This position will also support the enhancement of existing reports.
The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is an absolute necessity. The candidate should be able to interact with the end users effectively.
The candidate will be part of a team and will be responsible for maintaining the availability and performance of our Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database applications. This position concentrates on the maintenance of robust, scalable database structures and queries
Required skills and experience:
- Development of reports using Crystal Reports and other tools as needed
- Development of ad-hoc SQL queries as required to support information reporting requirements
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills to explain and document ideas
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain robust, scalable database code
- Enforce SQL (MS and Oracle) standards and guidelines
- Assist with the testing of database hardware and software upgrades
- Accomplish department and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years professional experience developing SQL to query MS SQL or Oracle
- 2+ years professional experience using Crystal Reports to develop reports
Desired skills and experience:
- Applicable certifications
- Professional experience with Sharepoint development
- Professional experience with Business Objects Enterprise or equivalent
- Professional experience with MS Analytical Services or other OLAP database warehouses