The Database Administrator/Developer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of databases which will support the products and services developed by the Product Development Team. The DBA/Developer will work with the Product Development Manager in the planning, design, development, testing and deploying database projects. Close contact will be required with the entire Product Development Staff to ensure that the programmers’ activities are in line with the goals of larger projects involving multiple programmers. Maintaining set design standards for the larger project to ensure compatibility will be essential for this position. We place a strong emphasis on client service, so the DBA/Developer, while not a frontline customer contact, will interact with customers to ensure that their requirements are met in the most efficient manner.
• Design logical and physical databases within primarily in PostgreSQL ecosystem
• Manage existing data models and create models for new databases.
• Generate and maintain data dictionaries.
• Work with business analysts and various groups to collect requirements and translate those into logical database models.
• Extensive database programming using PostegreSQL and other SQL server utilities.
• Troubleshoot problems reported by clients in the data warehouse systems.
• Develop procedures to DTS data from multi-sources.
• Identify potential performance and process improvements.
• Conduct data analysis, design and execution architecture training, as required.
• Develop new and manage existing ETLs for the warehouse databases.
• Provide SQL / database support to the application developers.
• Manage the databases in development and QA environments.
• Monitor and manage the production data warehousing processes.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• College degree in computer related field or equivalent experience required.
• Demonstrated experience in database design, schema development, optimization/tuning and maintenance of databases. Specifically, PostgreSQL and SQL Server knowledge is required.
• 5+ years of proven experience including a broad range of Database Administration and Development.
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience of Database Development
• Experience with other databases, especially SQL server, is a plus
• Minimum 5 years SQL programming experience highly desired
• Experience working with OLAP and/or data mining is a plus
• Expertise in data modeling tools is required.
• Linux OS knowledge, shell scripting knowledge is a huge plus.
• Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Internet and Open Source technologies
• Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
• Must be able to succeed in a dynamic team environment and be open to overtime when necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
Progressive IT is dedicated to delivering the highest level of personal service with honesty, integrity and trust. We excel in providing the...