Candidate will be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. The following is a list of required skills for this position. The candidate shall possess the ability and aptitude to perform the following:
- Plan, coordinate and manage Oracle 10g/11g SQL, PL/SQL, and Database Administration.
- Create image build for image workstations on multiple platforms.
- Assist with installation and maintenance activities, and troubleshooting problems.
- Establish administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products and makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Effectively communicate with the internal team in addition to management, and our external customers
- Demonstrate strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills in order to evaluate situations make recommendations and take prompt, effective corrective action.
- Demonstrate good planning skills by ensuring the appropriate scheduling of resources including equipment, and supplies.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in maintaining a well organized operation to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the work and information flow; monitor procedures, and implement corrective actions as required.
- Excellent communication skills both internally at the team, management levels, and externally with customers. Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent working knowledge of databases.
Security Clearance: Candidates will be subject to a security investigation and must be able to meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a minimum of security clearance issued by the U.S. Government. L-3 complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. EEO/AA M/F/V/D
- Requires Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 8+ years directly related experience; 12+ years of experience is required without a degree.
- Candidate must have experience with Oracle 10g/11g and MS Access based databases, experience using Oracle Enterprise Manager on multiple platforms. DBA background including installation and maintenance activities, and troubleshooting problems.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint.
- Preferred Certifications
- Oracle E-Business Suite 11i
- Oracle Database 10g
- ITIL V3 Certified
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10% of the time
Command & Control Systems & Software
L-3 Communications - 2 years ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...