Cook Pharmica is a biopharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with process development, clinical and commercial bulk drug substance manufacturing, formulation development, clinical and commercial parenteral drug product manufacturing, including liquid and lyophilized vials, prefilled syringes and secondary packaging, and an array of support services all at a single facility in Bloomington, IN. Founded in 2004, Cook Pharmica is a division of Cook Medical, the world's largest privately held medical manufacturing company.
To provide support in the design, development, administration and maintenance of databases and reports for enterprise systems that delivers value added solutions to fulfill the business strategies of Cook Pharmica.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
• Implement security, maintenance, and support of systems, databases, and reports in accordance to company policy and regulatory compliance
• Document requirements, define scope, define objectives, and formulate systems, databases, and reports to parallel overall business strategies
• Monitor, maintain and assess database performance and alerting
• Act as contact point and provide support on databases and reports.
• Write detailed description of user needs, program functions, standard operating procedures and administrative policies required to develop or modify enterprise systems
• Efficient at managing compliant change protocols and applying critical updates as necessary using proper documentation practices used in the pharmaceutical industry
• Ensure data integrity of existing systems by monitoring system performance and data metrics
• Communicate effectively with management regarding the status of all assigned activities
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
• BS in an IT related field preferred or equivalent work related experience
• Knowledgeable of the System Development Lifecycle
• Knowledgeable in the intersystem integration and replication of SQL with other relational databases
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to interact well with users and understand business needs and regulatory expectations
• Experienced of Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services
• Experienced with SQL scripts, stored procedures, DTS/SSIS packages
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 30 pounds on a consistent basis
• Potential limited exposure to hazardous chemicals
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, specialized clothing including laboratory scrubs (pants and shirt) and appropriate shoes may be required in areas associated with this position
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Cook Medical - 22 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...