Responsible for the installation and configuration of the database software in a development project and for making enhancements to existing databases.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Installs and tests new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Installs and tests upgrades and patches.
- Builds database schemas and the associated database objects.
- Restores and recovers corrupted databases.
- Develops, tests, and implements database stored procedures and other database subprograms.
- Creates programs or scripts for task automation.
- Creates tests and executes data management languages.
- Develops database utilities.
- Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and documenting of various database systems.
- Interpret functional and technical documentation.
- Frequently works with other members of a project team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel may be required.