We are se eking a top notch MS SQL DBA to join our growing team.
Database Administrator is responsible for feature design and development, maintenance, and production support of all corporate data management solutions. This position is also responsible for supporting multiple third party databases. Desired business outcomes include stable, accurate, efficient data management to support leadership decision making.
The Job Role
- Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives.
- Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security.
- Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs.
- Monitors project deliverables, as directed, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required.
- Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
- Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades.
- Produces essential reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc as necessary.
- Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- An accredited bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related technology-based discipline required
- MCDBA or MCTS certifications preferred.
- 3 or more years of related experience required, including production DBA and/or development DBA experience, current (2005 or 2008) SQL Server DBA experience, and 2 or more years of SSIS development.
- Preferred experience includes managing large databases (1TB) and/or many database servers (100+), 2005/2008 table partitioning, high-volume retail e-commerce, and SSRS and SSAS business intelligence experience.
- Development skills preferred but administration skills expected
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert understanding of all SQL Server tools including, but not limited to, Profiler/Management Studio/Enterprise Manager
- Proficient understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Proficient understanding of replication, distributed systems performance tuning, and optimization
- Proficient understanding of project management principles, including the ability to respond as needed to complex, overlapping, evolving, and potentially conflicting priorities
- Working knowledge of active/active or active/passive clustering
- Working knowledge of log shipping, replication, and mirroring
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2000 / 2003
- Working knowledge of Idera / Red Gate tools
- Working knowledge of network technologies and active directory functionality
- Working knowledge of configuration management, version control, web publishing strategies
- Ability to exchange ideas and communicate effectively with others of varying technological knowledge using written and spoken English
- Ability to respond to related business needs as required during non-traditional, "on call" hours
- Ability to understand and comply with all IT-related statutory requirements and with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct
GameStop Texas Ltd. - 18 months ago