We are looking for an Oracle DBA/Architect with strong Database Administration, Application Hosting (cloud & on-prem), System Management, Technology and Operations background. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Oracle DBAs, managing and supporting the enterprise-wide Oracle database & apps environments for production and pre-production (DevTest) and will be able to architect high-availability, fault-tolerant data systems by implementing industry’s best practices for replication technologies and data recovery and management procedures. The candidate will manage oracle systems databases scaling up to Multi Terra Bytes of data and will be responsible for system upgrades, cloning procedures, brand-new installations/configurations, performance tuning and implementation of solid backup and recovery procedures. A successful candidate will also be responsible for providing leadership and guidance for the rollout of best-practices, policies & procedures, and automation in order to improve operational efficiency. This position will also have an opportunity learn about next-generation cutting edge technologies including the opportunity to work on big data and computation solution.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Evaluate, test, and plan implementation of new versions of Oracle database and administration tools. Plan and drive migration from Oracle 9i to 11g.
- Evaluate, design and modify DB model for Scalability/Performance (both horizontal and vertical DB scaling), Maintainability and High Availability.
- Support high visibility projects concurrently in a rapid application development environment and must be able to adapt to fast changing priorities.
- Manage and support multiple instances of Production & DevTest environments concurrently.
- Automate DBA and system operations, DB performance analysis, and application level performance monitoring/alerting of large size databases. Must be able to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and SQL performance issues.
- Perform periodic data management task, their automation and monitoring. Also coordinate with offshore team members on the regular data management activities.
- Work with PL/SQL, SQL, and Java developers to help them come up with design that would scale up.
- Plan, define, develop, deliver, maintain, and manage Operations policies, procedures, resources, and project commitments.
- Serves as escalation point for technical issues and provide supervision to prevent, detect, identify, and resolve those.
- Serves as a mentor and develop effective training programs for the team members.
- Good at capacity planning and providing 24x7 support.
- Should be highly motivated, self-driven and be able to contribute individually as well as a team member.
- 5+ years hand on experience with Oracle system concepts such as tablespace/partition/degree of parallelism/Replication/System tables.
- 5+ years strong experience with systematic and methodical oracle performance tuning (incl AWR/ADDM/Buffer tuning/block level tuning).
- Strong experience in working with Oracle 11g, 9i and Cassandra.
- Strong experience in Oracle DB replication domain and with GoldenGate.
- Strong experience in scripting languages such as Shell/Perl/Python.
- Hands on experience with writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views.
- Hands on experience with Oracle DB technologies in AWS environment.
- Experience with high availability architecture including Oracle Standby with Data Guard
- Experience with Solaris/Linux and familiarity with commands and tools.
- Experience with multi TB databases and DWH management.
- Experience with direct development support and awareness of PL/SQL.
- Experience with backup and recovery processes using Oracle RMAN, IBM FlashCopy or Symantec NetBackup for large databases.
- Have familiarity with Application Servers (e.g. Apache/Tomcat).
- Have a passion for learning and using new technologies.
- BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE.
For more details you can call me @ 408 789 7077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org