If you are working or aspiring to work in today's United States Intelligence Community, NOW is the time to join our growing team at L-3 STRATIS. L-3 STRATIS has an opening,
contingent upon Contract Award
, for a Database Developer supporting our proposal team in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Determine ways to organize and store data and identify user requirements, set up computer databases, coordinate modifications and test the database systems.
- Ensure the performance of the system. Plan and coordinate security measures and data integrity.
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users and answers questions or resolve computer problems for clients.
- Provide technical expertise in the use of Database Management System (DBMS).
- Evaluate and recommend available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
- Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications.
- Manage the development of database projects and plans to include all necessary resources.
- Manage IT system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems and provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Coordinate changes to databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Conduct advanced analysis of output and performance.
- Coordinate with internal resources as needed to define or validate requirements.
Education - BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted for a degree.
L-3 STRATIS is among the largest divisions of global defense leader, L-3. We provide cyber security, intelligence, and enterprise information technology services and solutions to the Intelligence Community.
- Experience in software engineering and database application development.
- Experience with relational database design.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, Sybase, or other enterprise database systems.
- Experience with ERWIN, Data Modeling UML, O/R Mapping.
- Experience with data warehouses, architecture design, and optimization of medium to large size databases.
- Experience with multiple platforms: Linux, Unix, Windows, Solaris.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with ETL Tools.
- Experience with LDAP.
- Experience with Lotus Notes or SharePoint Development.
- Experience with Large Data Migration.
L-3 STRATIS is proud of our many long-term partnerships with our customers. We take their missions as our own, always aiming to improve our level of service. Our employees take pride in their consistent application of industry best practices and their ongoing dedication to the highest standards of business ethics - reflected in our motto, Powered by Excellence.
Clearance - Current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full time and Part time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
US Security Clearance Required
Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Day - 1st
L-3 Communications - 18 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...